There are no fees for cancelled or rescheduled bookings due to poor weather.
At Scenic Rush, we pride ourselves on our ability to balance fun and safety so we can provide our guests with an unforgettable experience. Unfortunately, when it rains, we are not able to provide an experience that lives up to our own standards and also will most likely not meet the high expectations of our guests.
As life-long Vancouverites, we have learned a few things about the local weather;
1) The forecast isn’t always right. Sometimes it can call for rain, but then it’s completely sunny.
2) The weather in Vancouver and other parts of the Lower Mainland can be much different than along the Sea to Sky Corridor.
3) Even the weather along the Sea to Sky Corridor can vary drastically from one area to another.
In addition to the complete uncertainty about the weather until the day of the experience, there are many factors and questions we take into consideration when working with our guests on a case-by-case basis to decide what the best course of action is when it comes to weather, such as;
• How much is it raining? Is it just sprinkling lightly or is there heavy rain?
• Where is it raining? Is it just raining in one small section of our route, or is it raining most of the way?
• Confidence levels of the driver. Does the driver feel comfortable driving through a little amount of rain or is the driver already a little nervous about driving exotic cars?
• Location and availability of the guest. Are the guests from out of town? Can they reschedule? Are they traveling and need a couple days notice?
While we wish we could predict the weather and give our guests a definitive answer about whether an experience will go ahead or be rescheduled, we unfortunately are just not always completely sure until the night before, or even the morning of the scheduled experience.
Contact us to reschedule or obtain a refund if the forecast is still calling for rain at that time.
Sometimes, when the weather can go either way, guests choose to make their way to West Vancouver and make a final decision when they get to our home base. However, we understand that’s not ideal or practical for most guests.
If you are traveling to Vancouver from out of town specifically for an experience you have booked with us, and you can’t take the chance that the experience will be cancelled, then we can certainly work with you to find another date that works for you.
We consistently monitor the short-term and long-term forecasts and try to keep our guests notified of pending cancellations to the best of our abilities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the weather, and we hope the sun is shining when you visit us!